Friday, May 18, 2012

I love the toaster oven

Currently living with my parents and sharing their kitchen while on a diet is frustrating. Plus, when cooking for one person it's not worth firing up the oven and all that. Thank the Technology Gods for giving us the toaster oven. We have a pretty nice one - I could probably cook an entire chicken in there! But I am only using the boneless skinless breasts.

Anyways, it's really easy to make some healthy chicken in the toaster oven. What I do:


  1. Preheat toaster oven. I pretty much just turn it on while I'm preparing my chicken
  2. Coat chicken in Parkay 0 calorie butter spray
  3. Sprinkle on seasoning. I currently love Lawry's Garlic Salt with Parsley and McCormick Lemon Herb
  4. Cook for about 20 mins or so - depending on the size of the breast 


And that's it. Usually for a side I just stick a frozen veggie in microwave when the chicken is done (I leave it in the toaster oven to keep it nice and warm). Sometimes, though, I'll make mashed potatoes while the chicken is cooking.

It's not fancy, it's not terribly exciting...but it's delicious and easy! Perfect for when you're all alone on Friday night and need something healthy and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment