Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hump Day is Fun Day - right?

No? What a misleading name.

Anyways, I had a productive couple of days. Yesterday my grandparents called me and asked if I would come over to give my input on their outfits for the wedding. Which is cute. So I went over and they showed me their outfits. My grandfather had a suit - which is cool because he thought he didn't, so now he doesn't have to buy one. My grandmother came out in a dress that looked good on her, but had WOW cleavage. So we decided to go shopping for something to wear underneath. We went to Soma and she bought a Cami Bra - which was good because that's one more "layer" she doesn't have to wear. My grandfather was a little taken aback at how transparent the lace was, though. They almost didn't buy it, I had to reassure him multiples times that it wasn't inappropriate. We left and stopped at Dairy Queen. They had the Confetti Cake Blizzard - which was AMAZING.

By the time we got home the sky had gotten very dark. We got settled in on the porch when the rain started. It was comfortable, sitting on their wide porch while the rain came down around us. It was nice and cool and relaxing. My grandparents decided they wanted to order pizza - but were being mindful of my diet. I told them I had the ingredients to make flatbread pizzas. Cheaper (because we didn't have to buy anything) and better for you (not really greasy). We had pizza and wine, then played cards until quite late.

I got home to find two packages on the front porch. Kind of wish my mom or sister would have brought them in when it started raining, but whatever. They turned out to be my cupcake trees and candles from Wal-Mart. Awesome. I got the cupcake trees assembled and candles put into the "wedding room".

Today wasn't actually as productive as I thought, but productive enough. I filled up my gas tank (yaay) and payed my car note in addition to going to the post office. My eating habits have been crap lately because of wedding stress.

But, having said that, I'm off in search of comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment